It's a scary thing for people to read one's work for the first time. It's like getting up in front of an auditorium of peers to play my trumpet during an All-Region Band tryout. It's like seeing your puppy for the first time and not knowing if he'll piddle on your foot. It's like...actually it's not much like that last part at all. Either way, I was actually nervous.
I'm confident in my plot, having worked some issues out with Emily, and I'm confident in my ability to not put complete crap down on paper, but this is a big project and it's a little overwhelming.
I hope you editors enjoy the reading!
Oh I know this feeling all too well, Chris. When I was singing with the Rich-Tones, we had to sing in front of the chorus as quartets at rehearsals (Dale made sure we knew our music!) and I thought I would die!!! Put me on those risers in front of an audience, turn on those lights and I have nerves of STEEL.
ReplyDeleteKeep breathing
Pam
I'm so proud of you, Buddy...and I understand the scare. It's so hard to put ourselves and our ideas up for public scrutiny. But you've DONE it; you are a role model for me. I can't wait to delve into your first efforts...but I plan to be thoughtful and not rush it...so don't feel you have to hurry with the next chapters :o)
ReplyDelete