Page Count: 87
Current Progress: First Draft of Chapters 5 and 6 complete and printed!
Woo hoo! Chapter 5 is 56 double-spaced pages long and Chapter 6 is 33 double-spaced pages long. To put that in perspective of my page counts above, the total length of my book so far, double-spaced, is 238 pages. Holy...cow. I don't have a really good feel for how many "book" pages that is, but I do not feel like my chapters are outlandishly long. Chapter 5 is lengthy, but Chapter 6 is pretty palatable in my opinion, and maybe even a little shorter than I'd like it to be.
Anyway these are my first "complete" chapters. I don't see the plot or character development changing much from how it already stands in these chapters, so now it's on to my initial proofreading.
My new goal is to have these chapters, as well as a summary of 1 thru 4, complete and edited at least once by myself and hopefully read by Emily before I leave for vacation on the 24th of July. I hope to be able to send it to my new editors for them to start reviewing that week.
About my editors. I talked briefly with Mom about this, and as much as I hope everybody wants to read what I'm writing, at this point I need to keep it to only a few editors to prevent the tweaking from becoming overwhelming for me. So here are my list of editors: (first volunteers)
Em, Mom, Aunt Gina, Lauren, Derrick
Everybody else, I will DEFINITELY share my progress, but you will probably see the chapters after the editors have taken their crack at it and I have made a round of changes or two.
Emily keeps laughing at my farts as I write this. I guess I'm done.
No comments:
Post a Comment