I started this blog to prove that I actually am doing a little writing. I will try to update on the progress of my book.
I'm going to count my pages using the WriteWay software's Galley Preview option. That option shows single-spaced text in two columns, as if looking at the pages of an open book. The total number of words for one of these "two-column pages" is about 750 words, give or take 20.
Current Page Count: 76.

Seventy-Six! Holy crap, I'm further along than I thought, and I have a long way to go. Briefly, I have 39 chapters outlined in detail, and have completed major portions of Chapters 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 39. I expect to re-write most or all of the first two chapters, and 4, 5, and 7 are those that I feel most capture what I'm trying to accomplish. I've been at this for years working now and again and am currently working from 4th Outline Revision, which was 'completed' in early 2008. I have not been religious about writing until recently, and that is completely due to the tremendous encouragement Em has given me.
Em and I have been going through my outline lately. She has shared her thoughts and is helping contribute names to characters (I am terrible at this!) and tell me when something I plan in the outline sounds contrived or coincidental. As soon as I have a chapter completed to my satisfaction I will ask her to read and comment on it. I also would like to share some vague outline thoughts and some chapters with others of you as well, and I'm taking volunteers. At this point I do not want to share the entire plot with anybody except for Em, to see if I am successful at building plot devices without giving them away. Like I said, a long way to go.
Seventy-Six! That's a great start, in my opinion. Email me your thoughts on my project.
Seventy-Six! That's a great start, in my opinion. Email me your thoughts on my project.
No comments:
Post a Comment