Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ch 7 Scene 2 Complete

Tonight I finished Chapter 7 Scene 2.  There is a ton of dialog in this Scene.  It's a difficult Chapter because of all the chapters in the entire book, this may be the one where the most tension between the protagonists is built.  I want to keep my "lighthearted observational" style that I have developed, but at the same time I need the subject matter to be serious.  The reader truly needs to get the sense that the main character is feeling alone, unwanted, and depressed.  I would like to accomplish this without making the reader feel alone, unwanted and depressed, but that's the trick isn't it?

So far Ch 7 is 8 pages in MS word, single-spaced in 10 point Times New Roman font.  In less detailed terms, it's a little over 6,000 words.

I'm going to read through the first two scenes tonight for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment