Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Catching up...Chapters 19 and 20

I sent out Chapter 19 last week, and it was a whopper.  Thirty-Eight pages!  I feel like this is my best chapter yet, and the story is beginning to roll forward on its own.


Tonight, I completed Chapter 20.  Originally, I meant Chapter 20 to be two scenes, but after completing what I intended to be Scene 1, I realized that I had covered all the material I had mapped for Scene 2.  It didn't take as many words as I originally had planned.


So instead of forcing the content of chapter 21 into Scene 2 of Chapter 20 (are you following me on this?), I decided to call this one a chapter.


Rereading, the last paragraph is a great cliffhanger ending for a chapter regardless of its length.  So, here is Chapter 20, only 27 pages shorter than Chapter 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment